Ma..ma...ma...kan



Funny thing happened today with Mama

Even though she is now able to move her right hand (the weak hand), she still have the expressive dysphasia (which means she understands everything you say but having difficulty in saying it out). There are times that we could not really understand what she wanted hence we guess. Up till now, we are doing pretty well.

Today, my uncle bought satay for all of us. I fed Mama with rice and masak asam and she really liked them. She ate few spoonfuls! But she did not want the satay. "Dah...Dah!!" and pushed the plate away from her and forced me to eat them instead. While I was spoon-feeding Mama, Shaggy; our cat was at my feet, begging me for the satay. I kicked her away.

Suddenly, after all that, Mama asked for the satay. We gave it to her and after we cut the meat smaller, she said something like "me...raa..maa''. We couldn't understand. She kept on repeating it until up to a point she gave a long sigh, depressed, wanted to give up.

"Mama nak ape?.tak pe..cakap pelan-pelan" (What do you want?..talk slooowlly)
"Me...ma...suk....mma...kan." (more or less like that, couldn't really catch them)

We started our guessing, my aunt, my mom and the rest of us.

"Mama nak makan satay dengan sudu?"
"Mama nak timun?"
"Mama nak turun bawah and keluar?"
"Mama nak makan dengan nasi?"
"Mama nak suruh Nazran and Najib makan?"

And Mama was really mad at that time as no one got it right. She suddenly kept quiet for a while with the satay on her plate still. Suddenly she screamt "Ha..meh...meh!!". She was looking at the door and i saw Sally, our other cat, walked into the house.

Now i got it!!!


"MAMA NAK BAGI SHAGGY MAKAN SATAY?!!!!"


Then she yes..."ha..ma..kan" and nodding vigorously..

We all laughed out loud. Sigh..

Mama oh mama. Despite her condition, she still thinking about others. Even the cats. That was so cute of her. Haha.

I enjoy being Mama's nurse. I bathed her today, put on her clothes, put on her make up, fed her and helped her exercise. It was nothing if to compare to the things she have done for the past 25years for me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

crush injury

just a ride

Bleach Frenzy