Favourite patient??

It is so not right to categorize your patients.

Difficult?
Manjalitis?
Kurang Kasih Sayang?
Compliant?
"That" patient?

Ya I know.

And I do know that we are not suppose to favor patient as well. Because we are professional who work with good etiquette; not to be bias or biatch. However, when I have someone whom I have been managing for quite sometimes, and he has been a very good patient in term of compliant and courtesy (plus cute =P), I can't stop myself from having this feeling.

Feeling?

Feeling that I'm going to miss him so much. Knowing that my ward rounds will be dull without him.

I am talking about an old gentleman, who has been in the hospital more or less A YEAR!!!..Yup..He has a TB and for his case it is tricky to manage. As if it has been mutated to a new strain. Because of that, he has been in the hospital (Kapit and Sibu) for nearly 1 year. If you meet him, he looks like a very healthy strong Ibanese. He doesn't look sick. But...Sigh..

Always tease him that he is now a Tuai Rumah (aka the leader of the ward..that's what they call the head of longhouse) because he is the longest to stay in the hospital. He always gave me that smirk and replied in Iban that need to be translated. He is nice and sweet.

Hospital is not a nice place, for doctors and also for "healthy" patients like him. You feel like being prison for something that you didn't do. Dead Boring.

So in next 2 days, Mr E, is going home. I am not that happy because I am scared that he may not coming back again for follow up.

Less one "happy" and loud patient in the ward.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

crush injury

Bleach Frenzy

just a ride