CIkgu Zedz and family trip to Kapit





Can be considered as impromptu decision by my father. Better now before I get my transfer back and when the ticket is cheap (RM10 Air Asia). Arrived on 24th June, hang around Sibu for a day and to Kapit the next day for 2 days. Exciting? They said, it will be their first and last. Hehe.

In Sibu, we checked in at Tanahmas, very comfortable and pleasant. Where to hang out in Sibu? Showed them the Night Market which I love (Love any kind of night markets anyway), then the Central Market in the morning, Sibu Heritage Centre; to learn a bit of history of Sibu, to Wisma Sanyan; the tallest building, showed them the cinema where I often go, and just walked around Sibu. Tiring but interesting.



The most anticipating yet nerve-wrecking experience my parents were looking into was the boat ride. They thought it would make them sea sick and vomit all the way. And the idea of 3 hours ride is something they not fond of.
But....in the end, it was nothing. No one vomit. No one fainted. Most of us slept all the way. And all of us arrived safely.

Kapit is even more boring for them. My mother couldn't stop complaining how hot the weather was. My brothers were dead boring for no internet connection. And I have been living there for almost 1 year and still survive and even putting up more weight.

Interesting encounter during our dinner at one of the stall at Kapit Open Air, out of nowhere a man approached my father and asked "Orang semenanjung ka?". I told them, if you are wearing tudung or jilbab, or your skin is slightly darker (like my dad), obviously you are not local and first impression will be you are a teacher. So the kind friendly gentleman thought that my father was sending his child off to one of the school in Kapit as a teacher. Some sort. Then the conversation continued when they talked about 'yawn' politics, about Ibanese, Kapit etc. In a second, they were like friends. Amazing.

Like always, everytime my mother comes to my house, she couldn't stand still. No matter how clean or Monica-clean your house is, she will still do something about it. She cooked, cleaned the fridge, kitchen, washed etc. I am totally grateful for those but I wish she could just relax to suppose to her vacation or trip. Thanks to her, I ate something spicy after a long long time.
In Kapit, I drove them to the interior of Kapit where all the paddy, the mountains, the black peppers, the longhouses are. Didn't let them to swim to one of the river fear of meloidosis infections. My father thinks that it was not that bad. Kapit is actually bigger than Rembau, totally agree. The longhouses are not that bad either with Astro dish in every house and Hiluxes or Tritons even Lexus on the road. The only disadvantage is the road to Sibu. Kapit is like an island of itself. Other than that, Kapit is not as how he would have imagined.



I glad they came. Nice trip.

But they had a misfortune on the way back, the flight was delayed for nearly 8HOURS and they stuck in Sibu Airport (which is one of the most boring airport I have ever been). Poor them. My brothers (the twins) were cursing for the long hours of waiting and do nothing. Isn't that another exciting moment to experience?

Let's have another trip later. Where at?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

crush injury

Bleach Frenzy

just a ride