Patience for your patients


Taking care of OPD can be mentally and emotionally challenging sometimes. Especially if you are drained out from your sleepless eventful on call and have to continue working the next day to get scrutinize by 100 strangers.

How would you feel if:-

1) A patient came to you with sky high blood pressure and sky high blood sugar and to know that he or she didn't take the medications at all because he or she thought that "i feel very well now". it still fine if you miss 1-2 days, especially if you ran out of stock (still not acceptable because you should come to collect you medications BEFORE it finishes), but it was so irritating if the patient did not take them for a year!!! i wonder how he could survive without having stroke or heart attack. God is so merciful.


2) A patient came to you complaining all sort of pain or illnesses that are not even related.
"Dr, i have a stomachache"
"Dr i also have headache"
"Dr my ear also in pain"
"Dr i have pain when my nail grew 1inch longer"
And you have to squeeze your tiny hollow mind to think of their connections to come up with a proper disease. (FYI, in Ibanese culture there is this term called Pansut Utai, meaning to say that there is a soul just passed by their body causing myalgia and body weakness and causing all sorts of illness) I wish i can diagnose them as Pansut Utai. TCA 2months at nearest Bomoh Center.

3) I hate O+G. I hate ignorant, young and hopeless pregnant mother. Age = 15 years old. Pregnant. Not sure of last menstrual period date because who cares!! Even me at that age, i was still playing hide and seek or main tiang! Not getting laid!! DO NOT NOTICED THAT THEY ARE PREGNANT until 6-7months! and the most annoying thing for me to do is to calculate their expected date of delivery. It was so sick and i hate it.

4) But in this culture, i am so honoured that most of them have throw their fate and faith in me. Making me wanted to be better and more knowledgeable in order to help them. Their humble attitude, their gratitude toward you minute insignificant works make me a softer person. Wish that i can spend more time talking and counselling them rather than adjusting medications and prescribing medications and MC. They are load of interesting people to get to know with.

5) Lots of them are coming for welfare help especially as an OKU.
"Because people say i should get help from this people because my toes all crooked hence i'm an OKU".
" the teacher said that my daughter speech is delay and she looked hideous hence she can apply as an OKU"
Nothing is disable about you even though your fifth toe is 1 inch longer then the left one or your child speak slower than other kids. I really want to meet those people who recommend this service to them. Speech delay? So the teacher should teach them more and harder. Lets be fair. Please work whoever is healthy.


My GCS is dropping. I better get off to bed earlier today. Before someone call me for Caesar!!!.

Comments

Valjam Boyd said…
chill la..baru brapa bulan..

dats wat I've been tru..n amazing to hear how some doctors told me not to blame the patients, after all dat happened...

sbb tu kdg2 malas nk jaga diorg..

Popular posts from this blog

crush injury

Bleach Frenzy

just a ride