Zedzians rocked HongKong Shenzhen 2012 - part 1

Alhamdulillah.
It all went well and we had a lot of fun!!!
There are lots of stories to tell and lot of fun to share. Let see how it goes. Maybe we tell them in parts.

Thanks halfheartedly to Air Asia for making this possible despite all those difficulties and troubles we had initially. This trip was on the verge to be cancelled totally initially. Almost.Nearly. Allow me to tell why.
It all started from the trip to Japan that was cancelled due to tsunami. So I had more or less RMKaching in my credit shell in Air Asia (the cancelled tickets they converted them into a credit shell). So initially I bought 6tickets to Beijing for the whole family. And this was a year ago. Yup. I was all excited planning for the trip. Thinking that this is the first Zedzians trip oversea. But first unfortunate event started when my brother Aman told me that he has exam on the days of the trip. Hence forced me to change to a later date and caused me another big amount of Kaching for changing the tickets. Subsequent unfortunate of event when I received emails from Air Asia that they are changing the flight. We were initially scheduled to go to Beijing through Tianjin airport but then it was changed to Beijing International Airport. I was fine with it initially but when I saw the time available for the flight, that we will arrive at Beijing at 2am! and to arrived back to KL at 2am!! it really boiled me to the max. Come ON! But i was not that surprised, I mean it is Air Asia, masters in providing flight at unearthly time. it is ok if i backpack alone. But to expect my family to tolerate this, i just can't.  Hence, not happy with the time of departure and sudden change of course, I contacted Air Asia and they agreed to change back all my tickets to credit shell. Again!. I was soooooo almost give up and i had a bad hunch about this trip. With all these unfortunate events, should i really do this? I said yes!!!..and I chose Hong Kong. Lets go to Disneyland! and Alhamdulillah it all went well (even though there was also a problem with our travel agency but it went OK eventually. Sigh) By the way, we had TH travel as our travel agency and they settled everything for us including last minute visa application to enter Shenzhen.


 Our bagssss...We have one full bag of food in the brown bag. Yup we are bunch of hungry Zedzians.



22nd June 2012
Hey. It's the twins birthday!!!!!...Happy Birthday Bros. and you are now 20 years old so act like one!!....or NOT. please forever be my cutest brothers. The flight was at 2pm and we arrived at the airport quite early. Maybe because we were all too excited. We traveled with AirBus which took 3hours and 45minutes to HongKong. No time difference between HongKong and Malaysia. We arrived Hong Kong at nearly 6pm.




Had a quick bite at Chocolate

Waiting for our orders



Isabelle is coming with us!!..


waiting for our plane



Ibu with the birthday boys
Lets board the plane
View from the above. Amazing!



first 15minute



After 20minutes...Zedzians ZZZZZZZ



This all I had through out the flight. Good drink and good music and very uncomfortable chair!
Enjoying the view
Like a cotton candy!!..feel like want to eat them. At one time, it was a sea of fluffy cloud make me want to roll onto them. Like in Skypier (One Piece anime).
Aikk...Did we just pass through Kapit? is that Rejang River? =P


Hong Kong Airport
The plane landed rather bumpy but it was really cool. The scenery before we landed was awesome. The airport? HUGE! really BIG! Once we arrived we have to take a train (like a LRT) to the immigration counter (it only takes about less than 1 minute ride). We walk a lot and my parents started to feel the effect of aging by rubbing their knees. "Damn you OAs". That probably they gonna say. Ajat's bag made a little drama when it got stuck at the carousel. Suddenly all eyes on us when the staff have to stop the carousel belt to get his bag out. What a drama. Pfftt..

I don't know how to say this but when you at the airport and you see all these people holding a card or paper with people's name on it, does it makes you wonder how does it feel when you find your own name on it? I always want to know how. I mean, I kinda travel quite frequent through the air but it was from Kuching to KL back and forth. Of course I don't get those service. Besides, I have my brother, Ajat who always pick me up from airport or at Kuching I use cabs. A bit pathetic I know. I think so. But when I found my name raised up high in a piece of A4 paper, I was like "Hey that's me!! I am that person!!" Oh my.

His name was Bill and he wasn't look that friendly. But he speaks English very well. Unlike other Hong Kongers (Or should I call the Hongs) who I need to break my sentences into word to make them understand me. He took us to our hotel near Kowloon city which about 30-40minutes from the airport. 




Hong Kong from above. Awesome isn't it.
Zedzians has landed.
We took this train to our immigration counter.
About Hong Kong
My first impression of Hong Kong:- well organised and super clean. Kudos for those. Beautiful city. But like other asian countries, we are a bunch of bad drivers. 

We checked in at Regal Oriental hotel, Kowloon city. If we want to make a comparison, Hong Kong is like Penang Island and Kowloon is like Balik Pulau. Savvy? I think the reason why our travel agency chose Kowloon city would probably because it has Muslim Halal restaurant around. We could find one or two Muslim restraurant nearby.

It was very annoying when someone can't converse in English especially in places like hotels or airports where you expect to encounter lots of foreigners. It was very difficult to talk to the receptionist. In places like this when you feel google translate may play a very vital part. Sigh. the hotel was OK. Nice, clean. We love them. As expected my mom will be bitching about no water hose in toilets through out the trip to every toilet that we went. We had 3 separated rooms so 2 in each room. Our rooms are near to each other so made it easier for us to visit each other room.
We prepared our dinner from home which we brought our on rice and rendang and fried chicken. Other than that we also prepared a bag full of food like maggi and biscuits and milo 3in1. A must!

After dinner we went for a walk around the hotel. Surprisingly we found lots of Thais around even Thai restaurant and shops. " are we in Thailand?" That what Babah said and I do agree with him. We went to a local convenience store to buy sim card for us so that we can contact each other (we are cheapskate and we didn't roam). Luckily, in rare occasion we can find some Hongs that can speak basic English.

Kowloon city like an old city if to compare to Hong Kong central. We enjoyed our short night walk. They have a lot of double decker bus which remind me of Harry Potter's night bus. Yup I have lots of imagination.


Hong Kong is expensive!!!... A 500ml of mineral water cost 15HKD equivalent to RM7.50! My mother had a shock of her life! Mahalnye!!!

I vividly remember about a friend who accidently bought a 42cm pad. So I have to buy my own stock and guess what I bought a 42cm pad but not accidently but purposely. A 10pieces thin slim pad cost 30HKD and i may need more that than since it was slim pad. And a 42cm pad cost 32HKD. a cheapskate me with a so call good math bought the 42cm pad. Lalalalala.

We went back to hotel early to get ready for tomorrow.
Another "interesting/annoying" conversation I had with the receptionist. I asked them whether they provide any Halal food for breakfast tomorrow. (which is very unlikely but worth a shot to ask for them).
"????..We have vegetables..tomorrow here..."
What? You think we want to eat vegie for breakfast? What are we Rabbit? I think he meant Vegetarian foods.



Regal Oriental Hotel Kowloon. Quite nice. It has paid on view channel. My father accidently pressed on one and I have to pay 98HKD for that. (Luckily it is not an adult channel. Then I will feel awkward)





But they are not Halal.

Hong Kong night view

Halal food restaurtant. Only steps away.

Jalan-jalan Kowloon city

Night walk Kowloon city.

Ibu in Kowloon city

Zedzians in Kowloon

Another branch

And we do what we do best, Ibu wandering around. Aman took videos. And Ami just planking?

Babah in Kowloon.

Mini Bus.



Me in Kowloon.


Next stop....Disneyland!!

(to be continued...I need time to edit Disneyland pictures and I need my lunch!!)











Comments

minci said…
sgtlah awesome.. family trip international tuh!!! :P
planning to do this again!!!...but after i send my parents to Makkah...

Popular posts from this blog

crush injury

just a ride

Bleach Frenzy