Backpacking

It is just another shatty day for me at work. Super duper busy with ERCP with lots of data collection need to be done and lots of scans to discuss. Unstable and sick patient. Post call and sick partner. To make things worse, i am oncall today. But A little message made my heart danced a bit. An offer from a distant friend to join in their backpacking trip to New Zealand. A little bit of info about this friend 1) i know her from my mother. My mom and her mom are friends. And they are not like old school besties that still contact each other up till now. They only recently know each other because they shared the common interest; cats. In malay we called it like "besan" or in laws la because we married out cats together and produced end products like Sally and Tom. Biasa la moms like to talk about their children so then i know her. We become friends through msg and facebook. 2) up till now i never met her in person. So when Mimi asked me to join her to New Zealand, i felt a bit awkward in the beginning. We are not that closed and will be awkward with me and her group of friends together. Will i be isolated? But the offer is very tempting. Since the last trip 4 months ago, my addiction and longing for another trip becomes uncontrollable. I miss those feelings. It was difficult to convince other available friends to make another trip. Because of the time and financial issues, most of them reject. There were times i almost wanted to buy the plane tickets and decided to travel alone but it will be boring to do so. You dont have any friend to share the madness with and of course and definitely, my mom wont let me. So. I replied back to mimi. Yes. Didnt take long for me to decide. Despite the thought of the awkwardness and the shyness, i suddenly really looking forward to the trip. The idea of knowing someone new but shared the same interest with you will be fun. Besides, in backpacking rules, all backpackers are family or your friends. It will feel like attending the course or school camp. Meeting someone new. All you need to do is to break the ice. Then you just run along. Really make my day today. Am really reallly really looking forward to it. Must be fun! Cinta Wani

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

crush injury

Bleach Frenzy

just a ride