Semarang - Jogja - Bandung:- The Itinerary

Awesomeness

Trip to Indon just over. The 6days trip was definitely worth  it with lots of  "awww" and "ahhh" and "wowww" and "yipee". I want to come again and bring my family along.

I will post this in parts as there are lots of things to share, the tips, the dos and donts and the awesome stories. Besides, it is hard to write all of them now since my kittens are playing around me acting cute. Ohhh they are the cutest things.

Day 1 = 26th February 2012
We took off from LCCT KL at 730am. It was something to remember that me and KP literally had to run to our plane since we a little late for our boarding. Early morning with heavy backpack on our backs with our health status, NYHA class 3, we thought it was too much for us to take. But luckily we made it on time without major drama.

We arrived Semarang somewhere around 10ish in the morning. But what took us so long was the immigration counter. We later checked in to Puri Garden Hotel, quite outskirt from the town. Without wasting our precious time we headed to our first destination; Masjid Agung Semarang. Subhanallah, Awesomeness level 5. We spend quite some time there and even performed our prayers there.

Later we went to Lawang Sewu. Honestly I don't really pay attention to the tour guide when he rambled on the history about the buildings but what I can remember was that it was an old building, that is for sure and..that it used to be a prison that lies underground and it is haunted. other than that I didn't remember much about it. Kinda a waste of money paying the tour guide 30000Rp. But we kinda been forced to take him anyway to guide us.

Then we went back to hotel and stayed in, It was raining heavily and we were all tired. So we decided to stay in and watched some awesome Indonesian TV program.


Day 2: 27th February 2012
We went around semarang by taxi that brought us to Tanjung Emas (we just passed by) and then to Pasar Johar and Pasar Yaik Baru. It just like a regular Pasar. Nothing extraordinary there but we had fun taking tons and tons of pictures along the way.

Afternoon, we checked out from the hotel and we went to Jogja by a chartered Van by Joglosemar bus company. It was 4hours ride. We arrived at Jogja at 6pm, late 1 hour from scheduled due to heavy traffic along the way. The scenery was awesome.

We checked in to Grand Aston Jogja. (Yup, no more backpacking, more of a regular trip only)


Day 3: 28th February 2012

Borobodur!!!..Yup that was the first place we want to go. We went there by Avanza caused Rp 450000 for a day. Agak jauh a dari hotel tu. lebih kurang 1hour plus. The sceneries along the way were awesome. Nampak la Gunung Merapi (volcano that still active) from far. Lalu sawah padi yg cantik. Once we arrived there, really scary. Sebab, sampai2 je berkerumun orang datang serbu. Ala those buggers yg cuba pakse rela beli barang2 dorang tu la. Even though I gave them my hardest look pun dorang still pakse jugak. Really annoying!!!..kacau mood betul.

Masuk mahal ok. Rp 135000 for foreigners. Celaka. But takpe la. memang dah spare duit utk bende ni pun. Interesting kitorang dipakse pakai kain batik. Oh my. Me in a skirt? How sexy.. Yieks.

It was amazing. I don't really remember about the story. What the hell is it and etc. But the temple looks fantastic. Tetibe terase macam Lara Croft kejap. Here I used my stalker lens alot. It brought out good images thanks. And tempat paling best jugak utk stalk. Talking about stalking, I tell you later what I did. Hehehe

It was hot and people like me NYHA3 climbing those stairs was really the most exercise I had all years.

Next stop is Rumah Affandi (Museum Affandi). Pak Affandi is notable artist or impressionist. His art works are well known apparently (not really a fan). It was this cool house with cool designs with cool but kinda weird paintings. But again I am not an art lover neither I can appreciate something artistic. But for layman like me, I think it was pretty awesome.

We went back to hotel by walking. It nice to walk around the city. You can appreciate other things like funny ads, cool graffiti (there were lots in Jogja, most of the walls are filled with graffiti) and learn a bit on their driving skills. We had a great time doing that.

Day 4: 29th February 2012 (Leap year)

Keraton. After our heavy breakfast we headed to Keraton. Before we arrived to Keraton, along the way, we had a very nice taxi driver who willing to bring us around to places that we never thought of going like the place where they draw batik, the nice souvenir shops and nice batik shop. I met Puan Karsila who has been drawing batik since she was 10years old. We made a little skit there.

I thought Keraton is just an old palace. Full stop. I read the article but I can't really imagine how big is it. The palace is expected to be big but the whole area of Keraton is BIG. We spend half a day there and it was worth it and awesome! Pay 5000Rp each. Charge for camera Rp1000

We met an interesting old man name Pak Suwardi. He made our visit more interesting. I am glad to have him as tour guide. More story of Pak Suwardi later. But if you ever go to Keraton again, please find him. Let him guide you. He will never failed to make you laugh.

We did lots of things. We had our small lunch in one of the houses. We went to TamanSari where the kings stalk the naked maidens. We had a great time with Pak Suwardi. I post some pictures later.

From Keraton we took Beca to Malioboro. Its a shopping place where you can buy same old Tshirt, or keychains and batik.

At night we went to Museum Sonobudoyo to watch some Wayang Kulit. It was cool. But the story was told in Javanese lang and I don't understand a word. But at least I can appreciate a fighting scene. It got boring so fast so we left before it even finished. We also got to know how the made those puppet.


Day 5: 1st march 2012

Leaving the nice Jogja and we headed to Bandung. Via plane. It was not bad anyway because I can see Jogja and bandung from above. Its kinda cool too. It only took about 1hour journey.

It surprises us that Bandung not only busier, overpopulated and scarier. Lots of those beggars around. The taxis overcharged you too. Everything in Bandung costs more. Even the food.

Day 6: 2nd March 2012

We went to Tangkuban Perahu. Via Pa Atang car service we were charged Rp 400000 perday. Went early in the morning. Beautiful scenery, cool whether but had an awful smell. Smell like a rotten egg. Lots of rotten eggs. Smell of its sulphur. we didn't spend much time because we want to spend more time for shopping. That's what we come to Bandung for? The scenery along the way to Tangkuban Perahu was also really nice. If we have more time, it will be awesome to stop along the way, maybe had a taste of Kelinci (Rabbit) meat or Milk Tahu

So after that we went back to town and spend the next 5hours shopping in Pasar Baru, my mom's favourite place. We shopped till we almost drop.


Day7 : 3rd March 2012

Our flight left 830am so we arrived at the airport quite early. Tired, fun, happy.
Best thing happened that day was.....I met Jason Lo and Ahmad Idham Omar!!!!!...They are the coolest guys I ever met. I am not the kind of girl who meet a celebrity and approaches them and ask for autograph or picture. Jason Lo is exceptional. I met Harith Iskandar and Hans Issac who came to my cousin's wedding years ago and I don't care. But Jason Lo, it was a once in a lifetime opportunity!!..


I talk about the trip more later. Lets talk about the people


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

crush injury

just a ride

Bleach Frenzy