interesting people in Indon



Still on Indon trip.

Met few interesting people along the way.

In Semarang, I met an interesting cab driver. I'm sorry I forgot his name.
A little different about him was that he insisted to be paid in Malaysia Ringgit. We had problem initially because we don't have enough change. But he said that he is collecting foreign currencies and he did not mind paying with Malaysian Ringgit.


Then we met with Ibu Karsila, a batik painter.
She learned how to paint batik since she was 11 years old. and has been doing it till forever. She is a very friendly lady. I recorded our conversation as if I was a reporter. She asked;
"Are you really a reporter? Will this be aired in Malaysia TV?"
I giggled and replied
" Nope, you will be in YouTube!"

Kak Nana helped her with the explanation. She seemed not to understand in the beginning.


The most interesting people I met in this trip will be non other then Pak Suwardi.
He is a tourist guide in Keraton castle. 

He was this very humble person, very interesting way of telling us the history of Keraton, friendly and funny! He too is our best photo-choreographer. He knows the best angle in most of our photoshoot.


But behind his brightest smile, hidden an unbelievable story.
He was a Raten.
In Jogja, whoever hold a Raten means that they are blue-blood. He was one of the descendent of Jogja's royalty. Keturunan Raja..

In Jogja, the first son is the King. other siblings will be treated as commoners. They don't wear much jewelry like the king. they don't have the position in the castle. Pak Suwardi is one of the descendent from the previous king.

Surprise enough, when asked about his job, he humbly replied,

"i don't have a high education, I work as the king's slave. I usually will be called by the king if there is royal event. I won't get paid because I am a slave. But I believe the reward is from Allah. It is enough I have a home to stay here in Keraton."

But he has royal blood.

He is so nice and we all like him so much. We enjoy Keraton visit so much because of him


but still the highlight of the trip will still be taking picture with Jason Lo and Idham Omar

Very respectful sir. Despite being a CEO but you guys are still rock.
Jason Lo!!! I finally able to meet you!!! and you are as cute as in TV.



Indon trip was awesome meeting these people. Hope to meet more interesting people on the next trip.


Chow

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

crush injury

just a ride

Bleach Frenzy