lone traveller









I went to Kuching last weekend to find a house to rent. At last, I found a house I like but a bit overpriced from the initial budget. But I bet my parents and family will love it.
As usual, I took a night bus from Sibu, arrived very early in the morning at Kuching and headed to Waterfront Lodge where I usually stay. One of the thing out of other few good things about Waterfront Lodge is that they have 24hours check in time. You can just check yourself as early as 5am. I took the dorm as usual.
Many will ask why I like to stay in this kind of cheap hostels, travel by bus when I can afford to travel by plane and check myself in Pullman? It is because, I love the taste of a little adventure in it. Imagine the money you managed to save in exchange to an awesome experience and adventure. Yes it will be very tiring. Who can sleep soundly on a chair in a bus that travels 180km/hr? But something good happened over the weekend.
I met Hilda from Holland at the hostel. Few awesome things you need to know about Hilda is 1) She is an engineer.  2) She is 28 years old  3) She took 6months leave to travel alone across southeast Asia.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You know the feeling when you read an autobiography or read a story about someone that inspires you and now you meet such person face to face!!!...That how I felt about Hilda..plus that how much I envy her for be able to do things I want to do. Able to meet her is so the highlight of the week! Thank you Hilda.
This is the second I met who travel alone. Last time I met with Amy from Australia who too traveled alone in Borneo.
When can I be next?
I told the idea to my mom and it was normal for her to freak out like a regular mom.
But that's not going to stop me. I mean, after all the things I have done and all the decisions I made all these years, none of them affected by my mom's NO. Except Japan trip I guess. Sigh.

Counting days to go back to Kuching. Hope every things turn out very well.

Lets go travel everyone!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

crush injury

Bleach Frenzy

just a ride