song for you


Have you ever have this feeling.
Whenever you listen to a song, no matter the song you like or the song you know, it somehow bring back to the memories you had about that song.

For example, whenever i listen to Eminem, i will remember a friend of mine. We both like Em sooo much that we took the effort to memorize the lyric. And i still remember she told me the story on how she suddenly decided to like Em.
" i woke up this morning and my heart tells me that i like Eminem"
haha. How i miss to hang out with her again.

There are few songs that old and new which whenever i listen to them, it brings out that feeling and memory back. Or there are songs was like a theme song for a reason.

Here are few songs that i could think of right now. There are lots more than these.

1) Nelly(Hot in Ere) - i remember that i used to listen to this song a lot during my time at Kolej Mara Banting. Especially while waiting for Kak Ella or kak Erra shouted "nasi lemak, nasi goreng". And i could still remember the taste of Nasi goreng kicap with fried egg. Slurppp..

2) Alanis Morissette (Perfect, and You Oughta know) - when i was form 1-2 i guess, i used to listen to her a lot while doing my homework. I was a bit of a feminist at that time and i think alanis was and still cool. I remember the feeling at night in my room listening to this song with my big radio box.

3) Backstreet boys ( the first album) - i was standard 6, and there was this school trip to Seremban to celebrate those who got straight As in UPSR. I remember bought the cassette with my own pocket money and listened to them all way from Seremban to Rembau. The outing was fine but i was overwhelmed for having that cassette. It was from my own money!!!

4) K-on (don't say you were lazy) - marisa!!...haha..will always remember that she was the one who introduced me to this song and i became addicted to electric guitar for a while. nice. She also introduced me to Zee Avi ( i took quite some time to find out about her as i was mistakenly type it wrong in the google search, Zee Avi not Z Abi)

5) Dashboard Confessional (Don't wait) - "Dasboard confessional?? what genre?? pop? punk rock? slow ballad?" that what i asked him when he asked me to download songs from this band. He replied, "try to listen this (don't wait)" and it was beautiful. We used to sing that a lot when we went out. In the car of course.

6) MUSE ( unintended) - it was kind of a depress song. i was depress when i listened to it. and somehow i like it a lot. somehow i began to like MUSE to. I still remember me sitting at the komuter station on my way back to Rembau. And thanks to Azah Jojet who had bought me the whole album for me as my birthday present. Thanks.

There are lots more. Maybe i am a bit emotional but don't you think it was a wonderful thing. It is indeed a wonderful feeling. It makes you say "ahhh..this song...i remember" and it makes you smile.


How about you? do you have a song that will cause a flashback?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

crush injury

just a ride

Bleach Frenzy