jejari mentega - Mentega Malaysia yg Asli

Butterfingers



When people talk about Butterfingers or just mention the name,  i will instantly remember the frigging awesome guitar piece from their song - The Chemistry.

EPIC!

Those were the times that I only listened to loud musics with freaking awesome electric guitar piece, or those that may not suitable for pregnant ladies and elders with high risk of having myocardial infarction or those grunge underground musics that will easily mistaken as some kind of bizarre orthodox ritual of summoning an ancient spirit and those bands with numbers (blink182, sum41). And I was the most rebellious girl in town and I was awesome!!! at least i thought so but other people didn't.

The Chemistry was the first Butterfingers' song I heard and it was love at first note (as in music note, sorry for the bad pun. unintentionally). And I was surprised to know that it was a band from Malaysia and all of the sudden I had the proud-mama's feeling and I immediately made my vow to be loyal to this sickening band....
But don't take it seriously, i was like 14? 15?, what was it? or maybe younger?(try to avoid the guilty feeling..lalala)

 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7D8Byzz2Rwo


If you listened to their tracks, you will notice that they have quite a long intro but it was nicely put in together which later turned up to be a genius masterpiece. the guitars, the bass and the drum all together made a nice "soothing" melody to my ears. Tensai! (Genius). The lyrics? I didn't even care. Didn't even care what the song was about. I just listened to the music. Only the music. Because my principal was, if you want me to listen to the music then play me the music, but if you want me to listen the song and what the story behind it then play me a rap song.

But it broke my heart when they came out with a malay album, Malayneum. Kudo for their effort. It was nice too but that was not the Butterfingers that I know.

 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3l_iCmkANo (kabus ribut)

Imagine from The Chemistry, or Vio Pipe or Royal Jelly to Kabus Ribut, and Chinta????

What happened to the Butterfingers that I used to know???
 (P/s: note the background music for the above statement is Somebody That I Used to Know songs by ?)

And Loque was like Malaysian Dave Grohl. Why?
Because he was from a grunge underground band which is Butterfingers aka our own local Nirvana
and Loque now came out with a new band Monoloque like how Mr Grohl has his FooFighters.
Isn't it?
Just that Loque is not as hot as Dave Grohl...aaaaaaaaaaaa...oops sorry, need to wipe my saliva that can't stop drooling..oh damn..


I listen to Xfm a lot nowadays and I think the Indie scene has grown a lot more and better,up until at one point, i think they shouldn't be called as Indie band at all as their songs are frequently play in the radio.
The Indiess have become the main stream?...Hubba hubba..

Their creativities and their efforts in making fucking good music should be something that need complementsss and appreciationsss..
Zillions time better than just acting cute and pretty and singing a repetitive word like Baby. Why Bieber why?


Anyway, keep it up in making good music. And will always listen them (if only they are good according to Wani's dictionary and depends on my fucking mood)


Faculties of Mind




 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

crush injury

just a ride

Bleach Frenzy